Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 22, 2019

More Thoughts About Inertia

We know that "inertia" is for any object, anywhere on Earth and in space.  Inertia means that an object is either moving and it's too much work to stop, or the object is sitting and its too much work to get going. 


Inertia means "lazy".  Sometimes I have lots of inertia....in the morning, when my alarm goes off, I don't want to get out of bed...


Inertia is pretty cool if you can see it:

The leaf example is super cool to watch because you can see most of the leaves resist falling with the lady, they seem to hover over the net for a few tiny seconds.  This is leaves resisting change.



In this video we see how water resists change the seconds after the balloon is popped.  


Did you see how the soccer ball doesn't want to change it's speed when it has dropped out of the truck?  So SICK!  I could watch inertia all day long!


Inertia! Lazy objects!  That's what I'm talking about!!



6 comments:

  1. I love how inertia means lazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice memes. the leaf video is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all experience a lot of inertia in the morning

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with emily!! But also at night too

    ReplyDelete